Part One applies primarily to the relationship that we have with customers of ETRdotTV ThunderWAN Broadband Services.
Part Two applies primarily to users of this website (etr.tv)
Last Updated April 2, 2018
of the ETRdotTV ThunderWAN broadband service, Magnacom Canada Ltd., and related entities that will be identified
here from time to time (hereinafter ‘Your Provider’), which may designate one or more persons to be accountable for
2. Your Provider is responsible for all personal information in their possession or control, including information that
has been transferred to a third party for processing. Your Provider shall use appropriate means to provide a
comparable level of protection while information is being processed by a third party.
3. Your Provider shall collect personal information only for the following purposes:
a) To establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with customers and to provide ongoing
b) To understand customer needs;
c) To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services;
d) To manage and develop their business and operations,
e) To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
4. Unless required by law, Your Provider shall not use or disclose, for any new purpose, personal information that
has been collected without first identifying and documenting the new purpose and obtaining the consent of the
5. In certain circumstances personal information can be collected, used or disclosed without the knowledge or
consent of the individual. For example, Your Provider may collect or use personal information without knowledge or
consent if it is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way, such as when
the individual is a minor, seriously ill or mentally incapacitated.
Your Provider may also collect, use or disclose personal information without knowledge or consent if seeking the
consent of the individual might defeat the purpose of collecting the information such as in the investigation of a
breach of an agreement or a contravention of a federal or provincial law.
Your Provider may also use or disclose personal information without knowledge or consent in the case of an
emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened.
Your Provider may disclose personal information without knowledge or consent to a lawyer representing Your
Provider, to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order, or as may be otherwise required
6. Your Provider will require customers to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information as a
condition of the supply of a product or service only if such collection, use or disclosure is required to fulfill the
7. Your Provider may also collect personal information from other sources including credit bureaus, employers or
personal references, or other third parties that represent that they have the right to disclose the information.
8. Your Provider works to keep as much data traffic within Canada as practical but the customer agrees that this is
not an absolute guarantee.
9. Your Provider shall keep personal information only as long as it remains necessary or relevant for the identified
purposes or as required by law
10. Your Provider shall protect personal information against such risks as loss or theft, unauthorized access,
disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction, through appropriate security measures.
found to be justified, Your Provider shall take appropriate measures to resolve the complaint including, if necessary,
amending its policies and procedures.
For inquiries, complaints or more information please contact: email@example.com
For a copy of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, please see the Privacy
Commissioner of Canada website at http://www.priv.gc.ca/.